What is Lead generation?
Lead generation is a unique way of attracting people and stimulating some interest in your business. It is one of the early steps in a typical marketing funnel or sales process. In other words, It’s a way of warming up potential customers to your business and getting them on the path to sooner or later for making a sale. You can warm up customers by creating value by giving them offers and goodies. It involves collecting potential customer’s information—such as name, email, company name, phone number, and job title—that will be useful to eventually make a sale.
How to Run a Successful Lead Generation Campaign?
With the basic understanding and knowledge of lead generation and its components that help in building ad campaigns. Let us simplify the process of creating a successful lead generation campaign by depending on factors like objectives, target audience, and use of social media. Here are the few simple steps that can help in your successful lead generation campaign.
- Set your campaign objective: For any campaign to run successfully you need to set the objective by defining your goal by the number or leads expected or returns per lead. These are a few examples of what your campaign objective could be to better define your objective you may want to ask yourself the following question:
Who is your target audience and what channels do they use?
How do they use these channels?
What channels will fit your products or service?
What do you want them to do?
What call to action do you want to offer them?
What are you going to offer them?
How will you follow-up?
When will you will follow-up?
What will you do or what will you ask when you follow-up?
How will you record and report on the results of the lead?
Who will you report these results to?
When will you evaluate your lead generation efforts?
What will you consider a success?
- Select your campaign target: You have to focus on the list of contacts or people visiting your website or pages or entire new target group for your lead generation campaigns. You can also identify groups or sections of people who have pain points or problems that you can resolve with your content.
- Develop an offer: This defines what you can it lead magnet. In order to identify these prospects in your contacts, you may want to give an offer by clicking on Call-To-Action (CTA) on your landing page, website, or ad. When the lead responds to your offer, their information is captured and they are pulled into your lead generation campaign where you will continue to nurture your leads until they are ready to close a deal. There are several different platforms you can promote these offers such as on a blog, on a webpage, on social media channels, emails, etc
- Create a communications strategy process: This includes what is your follow-up process is going to be. What strategies will be followed and which medium of communication is used. How you will respond to your leads, what kinds of material will you share, and finally defining what your proposals will be up to.
- Using social network lead adverts: Social media lead generation is part of every marketer’s strategy. Social media lead generation is a good next thing. Collecting leads on social media will help you find people interested in your business. Mostly, these leads will help you nurture your potential customers.
What are the best social media platforms for generating leads?
The best platform for generating leads is the platform your customers are available. It is said most agree that Facebook is the best site for social media lead generation.
With almost 2.5 billion monthly active users, Facebook is the most popular social network across the world. Facebook also offers some of the prime tools to collect leads on its platform. The second good platform for lead generation is LinkedIn. According to LinkedIn, 89% of B2B marketers turn to LinkedIn to generate leads. These marketers say LinkedIn generates more than two times as many leads to other social channels.
You can also generate leads according to your customers’ use on platforms like Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest too.
How to generate leads by running Ads on social media channels?
Let’s run through the important aspect of lead generation that is to generate leads by paid method on each platform. It is one of the most effective and popularly used strategies for businesses. From this, you can now collect information from your target audience without redirecting them to a specific landing page and collect quick data.
Facebook offers a certain lead ad format for marketers. Lead ads on Facebook are mostly promoted. Leads collected by these ads can be integrated directly into your customer management system or downloaded so you can follow up as needed. Facebook’s retargeting tools are especially handy when it comes to lead nurturing.
You should also ensure Facebook Pixel is installed on the website to track leads and measure how much they cost.
Just like Facebook, Instagram offers lead ads designed to help marketers collect information. Like Facebook, Instagram offers the option to partially pre-fill forms with a fields Email address, full name, phone number, and gender sections can all be pre-completed in these ads.People on Instagram follow roughly 80% of businesses, which is already a pretty good sign of intent that marketers use this platform. One of the Facebook surveys says 80% of buyers decide whether or not to buy something on Instagram. So this brings a strong reason to collect leads on this platform.
LinkedIn is the best platform for targeting B2B in the PPC. LinkedIn has become a more popular platform for users to consume content. For marketers, the targeting options allow you to look into any part of your audience’s profile, and since the platform also has many benefits for their users, it’s in their best interest to keep their profiles up to date.
That’s why LinkedIn is the best place to be if you want to generate higher quality B2B leads.
Twitter business is an overgrown Lead Generation Card, a place where brands and businesses can expand their reach and grow their audience by turning followers into potential customers through Twitter.
Even though Twitter Lead Generation Cards have evolved into an entire Twitter Business platform, the overall principle of introducing a simpler interface for Twitter users is still the same. Finally, generating leads on Twitter is all about making it as simple as possible to move followers from a Tweet to your profile to your website so they can convert.
You ran through the important aspect of advertising online i.e., It’s important to remember that the quality of the leads you get from social media is more important than the quantity. It is the process of warming up potential customers to your business and getting them on the path to sooner or later for making a sale by collecting potential customer’s information—such as name, email, company name, phone number, and job title, etc and eventually converting them into customers. it is your goal to build trust in your audience and make them come to you when they have a problem because that is how you ultimately generate sales. Lead generation is an effective tool for platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter but you should be using them wisely and smartly to get the best of it.